A hot tub as a pleasant surprise
Half-Finn Lea Ranki loves her second home in the north as much as she loves the sauna. She has been following Finland blogger René Schwarz for a long time and took part in his FinnTouch Advent calendar 2021. She never expected to win the main prize, a Finnish hot tub from Kirami. So the surprise was all the greater.
As a half-Finn in Franconia
Lea Ranki lives in Bayreuth, Franconia, works as a business lawyer in a health care company and - like her siblings Elina and Paavo - has both German and Finnish citizenship. Together with her mum Sonja and her Finnish dad Reijo, they regularly went to Finland on holiday from an early age.
- Even today, we try to go to Finland at least every other year in the summer, Lea says.
What she loves most about Finland is the nature, the peace and quiet, the scent of the forest in summer and swimming in the lake in the evenings between taking a sauna, when the surface of the water is as smooth as a mirror.
- These are exactly the things that I miss here in Germany.
The daily dose of Finland at FinnTouch
To get at least a regular dose of Finland in Germany, Lea follows blogger René Schwarz, who is also half Finnish. On his website and social media channels he provides daily "Suomi" content.
- I follow FinnTouch because I never get enough of the wonderful photos of Finnish nature. I also love it when René visits places I've been to before. I especially like the stories when he is travelling in Finland. Detailed, but not too much, almost a bit like being there, Lea is happy.
So it was no wonder that the animal-loving and Formula 1-crazy half-Finn took part in the FinnTouch Advent calendar 2021. The main prize was a Kirami hot tub CHILL with cover.
"My mother has always dreamed of a hot tub"
- My mother has always dreamed of such a hot tub. I had also heard about hot tubs, for instance, because my aunt and uncle have had one for a long time and are totally enthusiastic about it," Lea explains.
So why not try her luck? Lea entered the Advent calendar competition and said to her parents:
- If I win it, then it will come here to your place. Everyone smiled. You don't think you'll actually be the winner of the first prize in the end. When the prize was announced on Insta, we all couldn't believe it!
The hot tub as the perfect addition for sauna evenings
Lea's parents have had their own sauna in the house for a few months now, and so the hot tub was the perfect addition.
- In Finland, of course, I go to the sauna every day, here in Germany only when I visit my parents. I just think the sauna is incredibly beneficial, I like the sauna beer - the only beer I drink - and the like-newborn feeling after the sauna, Lea reveals with a smile on her lips.
After it was delivered, the winner rolled the hot tub into the garden with her parents, where it found its place.
- The quality of the hot tub is excellent; it is very well made and looks great in the garden. We placed it in the garden behind the house, so it's only a few steps away from the sauna.
Between sauna sessions or at the end of the sauna evening, the Kirami hot tub is used and enjoyed extensively.
- My parents relax in the hot tub several times a week, usually in the evening. I myself almost every time when I'm there. The Kirami hot tub CHILL is definitely to be recommended without doubt, says Lea, who is already looking forward to her next trip to Finland next summer.
This year, FinnTouch will once again have a big online Advent calendar with 24 great prizes. René Schwarz has also published a high-quality photo calendar for the first time with the most beautiful photos from his numerous trips to Finland, which is available in the blogger's online shop.