DuoLine: Saunas, hot tubs, swimming pools, and wellness products from the west coast of Denmark
Retailer story: DuoLine
Heidie Emelie Hansen, Communication and Marketing, DuoLine ApS
DuoLine ApS sells and carries out projects for a wide range of wellness structures like hot tubs, jacuzzies, saunas, sauna heaters, and indoor and outdoor pools for private customers and businesses. Located on the west coast of Jutland, Denmark, where the beautiful nature of the coast of the North Sea attracts holidaymakers, the company’s products and services are well in demand.
One of the brands that DuoLine sells is Kirami
– Natural aesthetics are paramount in Denmark. We must have products that match our mantra as well as our customer’s wishes for style and decor. DuoLine stands for quality and credibility. As Kirami’s products are an aesthetic delight for the eye, expertly crafted, and from a country where sauna wellness is almost seen as a national sport, we believe that we have a great match, says Heidie Emelie Hansen from DuoLine’s Communication and Marketing.
Saunas, hot tubs, and wellness
Hot tubs and saunas have become popular in Denmark in recent years. The pace of life is faster and more stressful, so people are looking for ways to slow down and connect with nature. Danish culture also values spending time outdoors: cold and dark winter months are supplemented with a nice warm bath in the outdoors, alone or with family and friends.
Heidie says they have noticed that the healing powers of the symbiosis of cold and warm have had a renaissance in Denmark.
– In the wake of the coronavirus epidemic, customers have found joy in home spas. They have discovered the benefits of ice-cold winter bathing in sea or lakes, or cozy tub times – both followed by a session in an outdoor sauna.
Since individual health is a strong trend today, many of DuoLine's B2B customers, such as campsites, swim stadiums, and resorts, want to offer their guests the best solutions for pampering and relaxing.
– We Danes consider Finns as experts in the outdoor hot tub and sauna wellness scene, and
once again, the quality and aesthetics are important. When both hot tubs and saunas are by
Kirami, we can offer a full package with overall good quality and beautiful aesthetics. Our customers expect uniqueness and the best in everything.
New showroom for a growing business
DuoLine recently moved to a new, 300 m2 showroom where they aim to inspire their customers. Besides selling wellness products, the company also sells chemicals, dosing systems, electronics, and controls for their upkeep. The company also offers consulting and execution of construction projects for pool, wellness, and spa facilities, as well as installation, servicing, and repair of pool, steam, sauna, and air-to-water heat pumps for heating and dehumidification. Great workshop and storage facilities are indeed needed.
– We are constantly growing and basically ran out of storage and office space. We are now way more visible from the main road and the area is perfect for wellness inspiration. Our nearest competitors are across the country, on the eastern and northern sides of Denmark – there is nothing like us around here on the western side, Heidie says with pride.
In business since 1999
DuoLine was founded in 1999 by two craftsmen with extensive experience in water treatment, Verner Sloth and Tom Lauridsen. When Verner retired in 2019, Søren Lauridsen stepped in as part of the duo. The company has grown rapidly from a pool service to a company that offers a large variety of products and services for consumers and B2B customers. Today, the company employs 12 professionals working at the office, in sales, and as outgoing fitters.
– We will continue this journey but try to slow down the pace a bit, since we want to maintain the high quality of our services and projects. It is one thing to grow a business, but the level and quality of service must continue to grow as well. Our short-term goal is to mainly focus on welcoming more people to our showroom.
DuoLine is a three-time winner of the Gazelle award given out by the Danish financial publication Børsen for fast-growing companies. In 2022, they received the Succesvirksomhed business award as a Successful Business. The award is given out by the Spar Nord bank and the consulting and auditing company BDO.
– DuoLine is a company with great insight into complex tasks. Professionalism, great quality and credibility must be our legacy!
Active life and chilling by the North Sea
DuoLine operates on the west coast of Jutland, in the Billum/Oksbøl area. Just a few kilometres away is the popular holiday destination Blaavand, and the windblown, beautiful coast of the North Sea. The area is part of the Wadden Sea National Park that stretches along the entire west coast of Jutland.
The area around Blaavandshuk, which is the most western part of Denmark, and Horns Rev form a southside lagoon and is very popular for finding amber. Horns Rev is also the home of the world’s largest wind farm that can be seen from the beaches of Blaavand.
– The nature here is breathtaking, especially on the northside with the wild dune landscapes. The southside is very family and kid friendly, and the whole area has a wide range of opportunities to be active in nature: water sports, mountain bike trails, etc.
DuoLine’s showroom and product range cater to the greater wilderness and the character of the west coast, but also to the chillier days with calm and sunny weather.
– Many of our customers own vacation homes in this area, but since the Danish coastline is crazy long, we are definitely not limited to local business – on the contrary!
See more about DuoLine from their website, and Instagram and Facebook accounts: